What is Early Head Start?
Early Head Start is a program for pregnant women and families of children birth to three. The program provides year-round services based on the four cornerstones of Early Head Start: family development, child development, staff development and, community building. Services will be provided in an inclusive home-based option.
What can Early Head Start offer your family?
- Comprehensive health/nutrition care for pregnant women, infants/toddlers and their families.
- Weekly 90 minute home visits with your own Family Development Specialist.
- Opportunities for parents to learn more about their child’s development.
- Learn to plan Parent/Child activities to enhance your child’s growth.
- Family services that support parents’ efforts to enrich family life.
- Parent workshops and support groups designed to enhance parenting skills.
- On-going case management to families of infants and toddlers with special needs.
- One on one counseling in family crisis situations from a trained family counselor.
To qualify for Early Head Start a family must:
- Meet federal income guidelines.
- Have a child aged birth to three years OR be pregnant.
- Reside in Cattaraugus or Wyoming Counties, New York.
Do You Want More Information About Early Head Start?
Please fill out the online application and we will contact you regarding enrollment. Another way to contact us is at our Olean office at (716) 373-2447 or our Warsaw Office at (716) 786-2770 to receive an application by mail or to contact Early Head Start staff for further information regarding enrollment.